Running Test Cases and Suites
Last update December 11, 2014
You have many options for running test cases:
- In DevTest Workstation, you can use the Interactive Test Run (ITR) utility to walk through and verify the steps of a test case.
- In DevTest Workstation, you can run a test case quickly with minimal setup to a specific step in the case.
- In DevTest Workstation, you can run a test case quickly with minimal setup.
- In DevTest Workstation, you can stage a test case. This option requires you to specify a configuration, staging document, and coordinator server. Often, the same test cases are used with different staging documents to perform different tests. That is, you do not have to write a separate test case for functional, regression, and load testing. Instead, a different staging document is prepared using the same test case.
- Test Runner is a command-line utility that lets you run tests as a batch process.
- LISA Invoke is a REST-like web application that enables you to run test cases and suites with a URL.
- In the Server Console, you can deploy the Model Archive (MAR) for a test case to a lab.
- You can schedule tests to run at regular time intervals by using the Continuous Validation Service (CVS).
- You can run tests as part of an automatic build process by using Ant and JUnit.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.