Generate a WebSphere MQ Baseline
Last update January 22, 2015
Use the following procedure to generate a WebSphere MQ baseline from a set of transactions in the CAI database.
Using DevTest with this application requires that you make one or more files available to DevTest. For more information, see
Third-Party File Requirements
Follow these steps:
- Determine which WebSphere MQ scenario you want to use, and enable the DevTest Java Agent as appropriate.
- (Optional) Configure the WebSphere MQ properties in the rules.xml file.
- Add a WebSphere MQ transaction frame to the shelf. The path graph from which you select a transaction frame to shelve includes multiple WebSphere MQ transaction frames. Be sure to select the first WebSphere MQ transaction frame.
- Open the shelf.
- Click Create Baseline.
To change the default name, select the name and make your edits, then click to save.
Click the plus sign that appears to the left of the name.
- If the creation mode fields are available, select an option:
Create a baseline that contains a single test case and a data set.
Create a baseline that contains a suite of tests (one for each transaction) and a suite document for running the tests.
- Specify the type of step that is included in the test case:
Use Application Test Steps
The test case includes a step that corresponds to the transaction frame that you added to the shelf. For example, selecting a SOAP frame results in a test case that includes a Web Service Execution (XML) step.
Use Transaction Frame Step
The test case includes an Execute Transaction Frame step.
- (Optional) Configure the baseline to use magic dates.
Apply magic dates to test cases
Converts the date strings in the baseline test case or suite to variable definition strings. For example, instead of a string that contains a specific date and time, the string can contain a function that specifies seven days from the current date and time. This behavior is equivalent to the doDateDeltaFromCurrent form of magic dates in CA Service Virtualization. If this option is unsupported, the option does not appear.
- (Optional) Specify a test case to be used as a template for the baseline.
- Click Create.
- Select the project where the baseline will be created.
- (Optional) Edit name prefix. The default prefix is the user name.
- Select an option to keep or delete the transactions in the shelf once the baseline is created.
- Click Create.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.