DevTest Installation Overview
Last update September 10, 2018
Use the following guidelines to install DevTest Solutions for the first time:
- Download DevTest Solutions installers.
Store the devtestlic.xml license file on the target system.
Note: Record the location of the license file for future use by CA Support.
Note: To upgrade from DevTest 10.3 or earlier, you must request a new license file. For more information, see License Administration.
- If you are using the generic UNIX installer, supply your own JVM.
- Install DevTest Solutions on as many systems as you need. When you install the first DevTest Server, select New Enterprise Dashboard and browse to the devtestlic.xml license file.
- Configure Identity and Access Manager.
- Configure external databases.
Note: There is no migration path from the Apache Derby database that is installed with DevTest Solutions to an enterprise-grade database. If you use Derby, you must re-enter the mandatory user authentication (role) data when your system becomes generally available, where an enterprise-grade database is required.
- Activate the Enterprise Dashboard and all registries.
Activate the registries.
Note: This process also activates the Enterprise Dashboard with a product key.
- Verify registry activations. (New or upgrade)
- Perform post-installation tasks.
- (Optional) Install more workstations with the Demo Server for use with each registry.
- Verify the installation.
- To prevent unauthorized use, change the passwords for standard users.
- Install the integration tools that you need.
When the installation is complete, see Administering for details on setting up ACL-enforced security and honoring your license agreement.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.