processes (Process Monitoring)
Last update February 16, 2016
The (Process Monitoring) processes probe monitors the specified processes to detect any error situation. The probe also retrieves information about the process, for example, the CPU usage, memory usage, and so on. The following conditions are verified by the probe:
- A process is expected to run, but has stopped.
- A process is not expected to run, but is running.
- A process does not run as expected.
- The number of process instances is not as expected.
- The CPU usage for a process is above specified threshold.
- The handle counts for a process are above specified threshold (Windows only).
- The memory usage for a process is above specified threshold.
- The thread usage for a process is above specified threshold.
Alarms and QoS messages can be generated when specified threshold is breached.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.