Configure CA TDM Portal with HP ALM Service Account
Last update July 19, 2016
As a Test Data Engineer you can configure the CA TDM Portal with HP ALM Service Account Credentials, so that the test engineer need not provide their user credentials every time they run the TDoD Flows for Attach, Execute and Resolve variables.
All the test engineers who have access to the CA TDM Portal can submit their Attach, Execute and Resolve variables without the need of providing user credentials.
Follow these steps:
- Access the CA TDM Portal.
- Expand the Configuration option and click ALM Credentials in the left hand menu .
- Verify that the specified HP ALM URL is correct.
- This is the ALM Instance URL that you specified in the HP ALM Service configuration. For more information, see Configure HP ALM Service.
- The HP ALM Service must be running on the same server and port that you have specified during CA TDM Portal installation. For more information, see Install CA TDM Portal.
- Specify the User Name and Password that you want to use commonly for all the test engineers who have the access to TDM Portal.
- Click Test. Tests passed successfully message should appear.
- Click Save.
The User Name and Password is saved.
- (Optional) You can edit the User Name and Password anytime you prefer to change the credentials. Repeat the steps 1 to 5 to modify the User Name and Password anytime you prefer to change the credentials.
You can have only one HP ALM instance per repository instance. All users of a repository can have access to the same ALM instance.
If the HP ALM Service Account is not configured, the testers can perform the said operations using their individual HP ALM Credentials.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.