You can monitor the link status of any resolved connection that is depicted in the Universe topology views by enabling Live Links. For live links on a partial or fully resolved connection, you can monitor the port connections at either end of the modeled devices.
The status of a live link displays through colors (red for critical, green for good, and so on). In addition, if a port connection within a live link goes down, you can view alarm information about that connection in the Alarms tab of the Contents panel.
You can enable and disable a live link for a partial or fully resolved connection.
Note: You cannot enable live links on a silver (unresolved) connection.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click the connection that you want to enable/disable as a live link and select Enable/Disable Live Link.
- Select the connections that you want to change and click OK.
If you enable a connection, the color changes to green (good condition) or red (bad condition). The color of a disabled connection is gold.
Enable All Live Links
To enable all live links at once you need to:
- Create a Global Collection for all live links in the Navigation pane.
- Apply the ok_to_poll attribute on that Global Collection using Attribute Editor.
Follow these steps to create the Global Collection:
- Right-click Global Collections and select Create Global Collection.
The Create Global Collection dialog appears.
- Enter the Name, Owner, Description, Security String for the new Global Collection.
- Click Landscapes to select the required landscapes, and click OK.
- Click Search options to create a Global Collection for all connected port models (live links).
The Search Options dialog appears.
- Configure the Search Options dialog as shown in the following image:
- Click OK.
The Global Collection for all connected port models is created.
Follow these steps to enable all the live links using ok_to_poll attribute:
- Select the new Global Collection of all connected port models (live links) in the Navigation pane.
- Click List, and select all the port models in the Contents pane.
- Right-click, and Select Utilities, Attribute Editor.
The Attribute Editor dialog appears.
- Click add in the left pane to add a user defined attribute.
The Attribute Selector dialog appears.
- Select Port in the left pane, and then select the ok_to_poll attribute in the right pane and Click OK.
You are back to Attribute Editor dialog.
- Set this attribute to Yes, and then Click Apply.
Now this Attribute value is loaded on all the live links of the global Collection. After loading, click Close.
- Click OK to close the Attribute Editor.
All the live links are enabled in the Universe, you can see that all enabled healthy live links in green. The color changes based on the condition of the links.
To disable all the live links at once, set the ok_to_poll attribute to "No" on the Global Collection, or delete the Global Collection.