The Client configuration settings reside on the CA Privileged Access Manager server. These settings determine whether the CA PAM Client is enabled and how the installer software is made available. By default, the Client is enabled and the installer is available on a CA Delivery Network internet-based CA Delivery Network (CDN) location.
Any user role with the Global Settings permission can modify the Client settings. Preconfigured user roles with the necessary permission include Configuration Manager, Global Setter, and Operational Administrator.
Note: To use the client, access to the client must be enabled. Enabling the download button to appear on the main login page is not sufficient to use the client.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the UI.
- Select Settings,Global Settings.
- Select the Client Settings tab.
- Configure the following settings:
Client Settings: Accept the default, Enabled to use the client. Disabled allows only applet use.
Distribution Method: Determines how the client installer is downloaded. Select one:
Download Button on Login Page: Select the checkbox to make the client download buttons appear on the web UI login page.
- Internet (CA Delivery Network): Delivers the client installer and modules from the internet-based CA Delivery Network (CDN) location.
- Intranet: Delivers the client installer and modules from a server at the designated URL. Use this option only when the CDN is unavailable. Provide the FQDN or IP address of the download server using the text box.
- Continue with the setup by deploying the client software.